Friday, November 18, 2011

More Good News!

Important things have happened for me this past week! I received a mini-grant from the Student Government Association at Johnson State to cover a small portion of my expenses while in Rwanda. I have also been receiving amazing donations from faculty members at JSC, which I am very grateful for.

I also just met with a sociology professor at JSC to set up a 3 credit independent study for an upper level interdisciplinary course called Genocide. I will be completing a majority of the work for this course while in Rwanda. The President of JSC, Barbara Murphy, has agreed to waive the tuition costs for this course through the President Fund. I am extremely grateful for this offer!

Thanksgiving is this coming week, and all I can think of is how thankful I am for everyone who has supported me so far. I can't wait to share stories with you all very soon!

And I can't wait to see these shining faces again!

No comments:

Post a Comment